| Our research programs are driven by the high-priority technical issues of the industry such as product quality and value, cost competitiveness, environment and sustainability. We meet the needs of our Members and partners within the following areas of research:|
- Fibre Supply and Quality: Capturing more value from fibre resources and enhancing performance of market pulps.
- Chemical Pulping: Producing superior kraft pulps and the next generation of bleaching technologies.
- Mechanical Pulping: Developing the next generation of superior-performance thermomechanical pulps.
- Papermaking: Improving wet-end chemistry, designing and developing highly-filled printing papers.
- Product Performance: Delivering state-of-the-art end use properties from advances in surfaces, coatings and web structures.
- Environment and Sustainability: Minimizing environmental impact, reducing atmospheric emissions, optimizing energy and resource recovery and the development of new forest-derived products.